Sage Communications is looking for a highly motivated public relations professional to join the team as an Account Manager at our Tysons Corner, VA office. Sage is an award-winning, full-service, integrated communications agency that provides strategic services to clients including marketing, PR, event support, advertising, etc. Primarily focused on the technology, B2B, and the public sector arena, we work with all ranges of companies from emerging start-ups to major Fortune 50 companies.
Why Further Your Career at Sage?
- Our Reputation — We are known as the foremost technology B2G communications firm bar none. Sage was named one of the Top Places to Work in PR in 2018 and is consistently listed by the Washington Business Journal as one of the top 10 public relations agencies in the region. We work with the biggest brands in the business.
- We Are Growing — Our agency is growing, and our PR department has grown every year over the last decade.
- We Build Value — We emphasize providing value to our clients and our team members. You will have the opportunity to achieve ever-greater results and success here at Sage. You will have the potential to make an impact at the highest level of the agency from day one.
- Emphasis on Professional Development — We recognize that for our department to continue its growth, our team’s careers must grow as well. At Sage, you have the freedom to develop your career in the direction you want it to go. And with the full support of the Sage professional development initiatives, we help you grow and flourish through our mentoring and continuous feedback process.
If you can’t tell, at Sage Communications, we bring our passion for creating stories that inform, educate, persuade and shape perception to create relationships and compel action. We fully engage – applying our expertise and insight to move market conversations in meaningful ways.
In short, we build value because our clients don't buy effort — they buy outcomes. And the way we work is based directly on producing outcomes and successes. Creating real value — whether it's leads, revenue, awareness, loyalty, or capitalization — is our performance metric. And we help our clients create and protect more value, in more places, than they ever thought possible.
Think You’re Up to the Challenge?
- Here are the responsibilities you’ll have as an Account Manager on our team:
- Assume majority of responsibilities for effectively leading account teams, building client rapport, mentoring and ensuring all staff clearly understand accounts and assignments, and the entire team is working in a cooperative fashion to promote great work as well as a positive internal team environment
- Assist in developing and executing strategic communication plans and campaign strategies that offer unique strategies tailored to the needs of the client
- Provide strategic counsel to clients in messaging and positioning
- Help lead the strategy and execution of PR and awareness programs for clients including media tours, feature story development, social media programs, press releases, award programs, analyst relations, executive speaker placement, etc.
- Collaborate across marketing, strategy, events, interactive, design and advertising departments to develop and execute integrated communications programs
- Mentor and manage PR staff
- Train corporate executive spokespeople in effective media interview strategies and tactics
- Set client expectations, ensuring projects remain within scope and manage all deliverables
- Support business development efforts
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in public relations and/or related communications fields
- At least 2 years of account/team leadership experience
- Leadership courage; ability to appropriately challenge the status quo and influence others
- Agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strategic yet creative thinker, self-starter, willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Government and technology experience a plus
- New business development experience a plus
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Can inspire trust and confidence, including the ability to sell ideas and influence directly and indirectly
- Prefers high-energy environment characterized by high-growth expectations
- Expert-level verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to distill complex issues into compelling communications
- Approaches challenging circumstances and relationships with confidence and initiative
- Excellent listener balanced with the ability to challenge colleagues constructively and stimulate the thinking of others
- Confident decision maker supported by disciplined, logical thinking, attention to detail and fact-based, documented conclusions and opinions
- Deep communications/PR/Social Media expertise and the ability to interpret emerging trends, transfer knowledge to peers and implement to enable continued achievement of the company’s vision
- Strong business acumen/sensitivity; thinks holistically, incorporates overall company objectives in developing team strategy and decisions
Sage Communication is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Sage Communications expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity please go to: https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/discrimination